- Half pound of salmon
- Half pound of scallops
- 320-400 g linguine (11-14oz) or vermicelli or spaghetti
- 800 g fresh clams (1.8lbs)
- 3-5 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 peperoncino (red chili pepper) or dried flakes amount depends on your preference
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 handfuls fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt to taste (we don’t add it to the pasta cooking water)
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh shaved Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons Boochie’s best
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of old bay
- Chop the peeled garlic and parsley finely. If using a whole fresh or dried red chili chop finely too. Remove the seeds to make it milder. Be careful not to touch your eyes or mouth after doing this and wash your hands well before continuing to cook.
- Wash the clams in cold water and remove any with broken shells. Some kinds of clams need a lot of rinsing if they have sand in them. But you can also filter the liquid after you have precooked them, so don’t worry so much about the sand.
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. When it starts to boil add the pasta. You probably don’t need salt as the clams will already be a little salty.
- While the water is boiling for the pasta, put the clams in a deep frying pan and cook covered over a medium to high heat until they have opened. (about 5 minutes)
Mix seasoning together and season salmon and scallops thoroughly.
- In a hot sauté pan with butter and olive oil add your seasoned scallops cook for 3-4 min each side
- In the same skillet, add more butter and salmon cook for 7 min skin side down Flip and cook for another 8 min.
- Allow the clams to cool a little and then remove the meat from most of the clam shells keeping some intact. Discard the empty shells and, if necessary, filter the liquid that the clams have produced. Don’t discard it.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan or skillet. Add the garlic and peperoncino. Cook until the garlic starts to soften. Add the clams (with shells and without) with their liquid to the pan and cook for a few minutes. Then, add the white wine, cream and cook further until the alcohol evaporates. Finally, add the parsley, Parmesan and the rest of the olive oil. Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the pan with the cooked clams. Mix everything together well top with scallops and salmon and serve immediately with another sprinkling of chopped parsley, and shaved Parmesan.