Easy kimchi fried rice recipe! Kimchi and rice is stir fried with smoky bacon and spicy kimchi juice. It’s simply delicious!
- 1 cup kimchi cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 150g / 5.3 ounces bacon, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- (optional) 1 pack enoki mushrooms (200g, 7 ounces), root removed, rinse the mushrooms in cold water and drain.
- 3 cups steamed white rice if it is freshly cooked, leave it out for 5 to 10 mins at room temperature to cool down before cooking.
- 4 x-large eggs, cooked sunny side up or per your preference
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice – this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1/2 stalk green onion, thinly sliced roasted seasoned seaweed, shredded
- 1 oz shrimp cleaned and peeled
In a large skillet, add the bacon in a single layer on medium-high. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it’s mostly cooked through. I usually cook for 2 minutes and then flip it over.
- Remove from pan and fry your shrimp with a little butter and salt pepper
- Remove shrimp and set aside, fry 2 eggs sunny side up and reserve for later
Next, add the kimchi, garlic, soy sauce, and sugar. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the kimchi has softened.
- Add bacon, and mushrooms back to your pan
Lower the heat to medium and add the cold rice to the pan alongside the kimchi juice from the kimchi container. I usually add 3 to 4 tablespoons more for color.
- Make a well in the middle of rice and add 2 scrambled eggs, cook egg and incorporate throughout rice mixture
Continue to sauté until the rice has been fully combined with the rest of the ingredients. Add the sesame oil and continue to sauté until the rice had heated through.
Serve immediately or with the toppings of your choice.