Chef Daniella’s Kansas City Style Ribs
1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey (or to taste)
1 small onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2 cups ketchup or tomato sauce
1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
3 tablespoons of Boochie’s Best Everything nice all purpose seasoning
1 package of baby back ribs
- Mix half of the brown sugar, Boochie’s Best, and worschestire sauce and pack it on ribs. Then marinate in fridge for 2 hours or more, if desired.
- Combine the chopped onion, garlic and Jack Daniels in a three-quart saucepan. Simmer until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, pepper, salt, tomato paste, smoke flavoring, and Tabasco sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until reduced and thickened. This will take about 15 to 25 minutes, and a spatter screen is recommended. (Add more Jack Daniels whiskey if a stronger flavor is desired.)
- Once sauce is complete, take marinated ribs and place on a pan and bake at 350 for 40 min. Remove from heat and brush layer of sauce on rack
- Continue to bake another 30 min before removing for second sauce layer.
- Turn oven to 375 and continue to bake for another 15 min.
- Remove from heat and brush remaining sauce.
- I broiled for extra 5-7 min. To caramelize the sauce. (Optional)