PREP TIME:10 minutes
COOK TIME: 1hr 15min
TOTAL TIME:1hr 25 min
SERVINGS: 4 people
CALORIES: 510 kcal
Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken packed with unbelievable flavors, crispy skin, and so juicy! Nothing beats an easy to make and even easier to prepare roast ! Especially when roasted with garlic butter, rosemary, parsley, lemon, and a hint of white wine. Beats any rotisserie chicken!
1 -4-5 pound (2-3 kg )whole chicken, at room temperature giblets and neck removed from cavity
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL) -- use a dry wine like a Sauv blanc or Chardonnay
1 lemon, halved
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 430°F | 220°C (400°F or 200°C fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with foil, or lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Discard neck from inside the cavity and remove any excess fat and leftover feathers.
- Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using) and the juice of half a lemon over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity.
- Season chicken liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mixing all ingredients together over the chicken and under the skin.
- Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halve.
- Tie legs together with kitchen string. Place breast-side up into baking tray or roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer. Baste again, then broil for a further 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve, drizzled with pan juices and remaining lemon half cut into wedges or slices.