- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks (one extra large leek)
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice or short-grain Spanish rice (Bomba)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock, chicken stock or broth (or water and one teaspoon or cube veggie bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of Boochie’s Best Everything Nice All Purpose Seasoning
- 2–3 handfuls baby spinach or chopped kale
1/4 – 1/2 cup parmesan, pecorino, manchego, goat cheese, vegan cheese
- Slice and rinse leeks, separating rings (rinsing will help them to soften faster)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan, add leeks and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic, sage and rice, stir for 2 minutes. Add butternut squash, and keep stirring for a couple of minutes, until everything is fragrant.
- Add the wine and scrape up the browned bits.
- Let all the wine cook off, about 2-3 minutes. Add the stock or broth. Scrape up more browned bits. Add your Boochie’s Best, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and give a good stir.
- Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, repeat until rice has a nice stew consistency.
- Stir the risotto, adding the spinach ,cheese and more butter.
- As the butternut breaks down a bit, it will add a nice natural creaminess to the risotto.
- Garnish with more cheese and pepitas, or salted